We gather weekly as a community to worship.
With music, prayer, discussion, teaching rooted in the Bible, and community we bring our authentic selves before God.
The Bridge House
What do you need to wear?
Whatever you’re comfortable in. Summer in our old building is hot. Feel free to wear shorts and bring a water bottle.
What can I expect during the service?
- Worship usually opens with an up-beat song that we sing together. Sometimes the music is led by a single acoustic guitar and a couple of vocalists. Other times we have a full band and special guest musicians.
- A short welcome, prayer and greeting starts things off.
- Because church is about relationships, we usually give people a chance to greet each other. The worship team leads us in a 20 minute block of songs designed to help us turn our hearts toward God.
- After the singing, children under 6th grade are dismissed to Kid’s Action Church. Usually this is when we take up the offering. Don’t worry. If you’re visiting, we don’t want your money. The offering is an act of worship for those of us who consider Bridge City our spiritual home. We try to make that clear every week.
- Most weeks we take 10-15 minutes for a Q&A that includes questions and reflections on the topic at hand and the previous week’s message.
- This is followed by a 30-35 minute message, most often delivered by Marc Schelske, our teaching elder. Our messages are rooted in the Bible (often studying through a single book of the Bible in great detail), but focused on practical application in our lives.
- Following the message we have a few minutes for personal reflection, prayer and a closing song.
- Sometimes our normal routine is broken up with a special musical feature, media, drama or other element meant to get us thinking.
Will I be offered communion?
We serve communion (called The Lord’s Supper or the Eucharist in other traditions) about every 6-8 weeks. We practice an open table. That means anyone who self-identifies as a follower of Jesus is invited to participate.
Where do I park?
The church parking lot is located directly across Harrison Street from the Bridge House. There’s plenty of parking. Please cross the street carefully, as Harrison Street is busy.
How can I get involved?
Just show up. Worship starts about 10:45 AM. Every week is a great week to start.